In a statement issued today by Absolute Poker representatives regarding the recent ‘Absolute Poker Scandal’ Absolute Poker representatives reiterate that their software’s security was breached by a high ranking third party consultant.
The consultant, according to Absolute Poker was able to “manipulate internal systems and access third-party computers and accounts to view the hole cards of other customers during play and without their knowledge, resulting in unfair play.”
Gaming Associates (ga), an independent auditing entity that performs interactive gaming tests, and information security services is conducting an internal audit and investigation in unison with an official investigation being held by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) the official license provider for Absolute Poker as an online gambling entity.
Absolute Poker released the following preliminary findings, and made the following statements today: beginning with reiterating that the problem that allowed the Absolute Poker system to be unfairly manipulated have been corrected.
- AP has fully corrected the problem that allowed its system to be unfairly manipulated and is working to enhance its existing safeguards.
- Since the initiation of the internal investigation, the databases have been locked down to ensure the integrity of the auditorsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ inquiry.
- The scope of the audit will not be limited to a certain time period.
- The suspected period of time of the security breach has been identified. This period is recent and confined to a relatively brief period. The actual dates will be publicly released upon confirmation by the third party auditor.
- A thorough review of the game play has begun to identify all of the adversely affected players.
- AP is committed to refunding 100% of the losses incurred by its affected customers. AP has begun the process of reimbursing its customers, and will continue to do so as quickly as possible until all customers are refunded in full.
- Even after completion of this audit, AP intends to continue working with third party auditors and security firms to ensure that the highest level of game integrity is upheld.
- AP is instituting strict guidelines to restrict its employees, consultants and contractors and members of their households from playing for money on its sites.
Check Out Other Related Posts on 4Flush
100% up to $3,000 Bonus
Bovada is our most recommended ONLINE CASINO and POKER ROOM for US players with excellent deposit options. Get your 100% signup bonus today.