Whenever there is a new technology or way of doing things, people first get excited. Oh boy, a shiny new way of doing things. That’s quickly followed by a feeling of stress or overwhelm. How the hell do I do this? I can’t figure it out.
I imagine some people feel that way about playing casino games from their mobile phone or tablet.
If that’s you then don’t get discouraged and give up. Mobile gaming is so convenient now. You wouldn’t want to miss out on an opportunity to play your favorite slots or blackjack game from the comfort of your couch, bedroom or out at dinner, but without having to lug around and play on your heavy laptop.
Nah, you wouldn’t. And I’m here to help anyway. What you’ll find below is a guide to mobile casinos.
Guide to Mobile Casinos
What I have for you below is a guide to mobile casinos. Read on to learn how to download mobile casino games to your phone, how to make a deposit, keep yourself secured and more.
How to Download the Casino
Downloading the casino to your phone or tablet is real easy to do. Just follow these steps:
- Visit the casino. Use the links on our site to ensure you get the best deals.
- Go to the mobile page. If they don’t have a mobile page, try their download page.
- Click the download link or the link to the app store.
- Download your app.
It really is as simple as that.
One thing to note; some casinos will ask for your phone number, location, preferred game(s) and device, and once you submit that info, they’ll send you the game downloads. Either way the process should only take a matter of minutes.
How to Make a Deposit
The process to making a deposit will depend on the casino you sign-up to.
The reason being is that some online casinos don’t allow you to make deposits from your phone or table, but instead ask that you handle your banking from your desktop computer. If I had to guess why it would for security purposes.
Those that let you make a deposit from your phone will usually have an additional (web) app for you to use. This will be separate from the game download or app.
Either way, you just log-in, find your preferred banking method, fill out your details and hit submit.
How to Keep Your Games Secure
Online casinos go out of their way to make sure their online games are secure. Some casinos don’t let you save your passwords to your phone, or let you make deposits and withdrawals from your mobile device, either. These are both security precautions. The top casinos also make sure that your information is encrypted, so that your credit card and personal details cannot be stolen.
From there it’s up to you. I highly recommend increasing your security by using a RSA token. This will require that you enter in two passwords before you can log-in. You should also have a lock on your phone, connection (if possible) and only play where connections are secure.
The Costs of Mobile Casinos
A common question we see is if mobile gambling costs money.
That depends on a couple of things:
- Are you playing on a Wi-Fi or 3G connection? Wi-Fi is (usually) free, whereas a 3G connection will cost you data.
- Are you playing for real money? Real money games cost real dollars to play.
- Are you playing at an online casino? Online casinos don’t charge for their apps.
Ultimately, the only money you should be spending is the money for internet access and the money you have to play. Other than that you should have an costs to worry about.
The Challenges of Mobile Casino Gaming
To end this article I wanted to share a couple of challenges you might face trying to play casino games from your phone or tablet. Here are a couple of things to be aware of:
- Be careful when first getting started. The buttons are smaller, the text is smaller and getting used to how things work may be tricky at first.
- The graphics might not be as good as the desktop counterpart.
- You might face connections issues. This is just standard if you’re accessing the internet using a wireless connection. That could be a bad thing if you have money on the line.
- Not all casinos are mobile ready. Many casinos start with Android apps first, then go to iOS. Worse yet, hardly any casinos have BlackBerry or Windows compatible apps.
That’s about all. For the most part these challenges come down to preference. Some of you might not worry about the smaller screens or graphics. The convenience of playing on the go more than makes up for it. For others it might be a deal killer. The only way to know if mobile gambling is right for you is to give it a shot. Luckily, it’s free and simple to get started. So give it a shot and see what you think.